Clappia inter-app connectionsLast Updated: August 11, 2018
Clappia supports inter-app data communication. This means you can submit data to app A and pull a list of those submissions into another app B. This feature becomes very useful when you want a common and dynamic data source that can be referred in several other apps.
For example, there are two apps which record incoming and outgoing work order. A user records the incoming work order in Inward Tracker. Once the work is complete, the work order number is pulled into the Outward Tracker and shipping/payment information is updated. Here are the steps to connect two apps in Clappia.
- Create the data source app.
- Start creating another app Outward Tracker which will pull the data from Inward Tracker. In the edit mode of "Outward Tracker" drag the "Clappia App" block to the left section.
- Rename the label and select the dependency app as the data source app. Inward Tracker should be selected in this case.
- Select the key fields based on which the corresponding details will be fetched. Key fields appear in the drop-down of the final application.
- The next step is to add the other fields that will be fetched on the basis of key field selection above. Based on your selection, the read-only blocks of all the selected fields are automatically populated.
- Add other fields based on your requirement and your app is ready. Here is the final app view: